Sunday, January 29, 2012

Big Girl Room!!!

I can't believe my little girl is almost 19 months old!!! I still think of her as a baby, even though I know she isn't...I'm getting really excited about her room makeover I want to do, when she gets into a toddler bed. I'm thinking 2 is a good age to transfer her over. I'm going to completely change up her room and go for a grey, yellow and white color scheme. I love it so much!!
I just bought this rug:
GISLEV Rug, low pile, gray Length: 6 ' 5 " Width: 4 ' 4 " Pile thickness: ¼ "  Length: 195 cm Width: 133 cm Pile thickness: 8 mm
I'm going to make a duvet cover for her bed. Look at this fabric!!! Love.



and find a cheap dresser to re-do. (Can you believe we don't have a dresser for her??) I'm hoping to find one that we can use as a changing table for our second. (I'm not pregnant, I'm just thinking ahead ;) I'm thinking something like this!


I think she needs a little bookcase too! I'll probably do it white and line the back with a fun fabric like I did with our other bookcase. I think this time I'll try to find a bookcase that is already white..Painting sucks. Oooh and she needs a lamp too :) I've been wanting to re-do a lamp for a while now. There's nothing some spray paint and some cute fabric can't fix :) I'm sure I'll be at Savers and DI looking for fun treasures over the next couple of months :) I seriously love thrift store shopping. I have a problem... Anyway, I'm just brainstorming, don't mind me...

1 comment:

  1. I was watching Marlee in Taylors room yesterday and she was loving playing on Tays bed. She will be so excited to have one of her own. I think your ideas are great. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete