Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ornaments

I've been so bored lately, so I decided that Marlee and I needed to do a little fun project together. And when I say Marlee and I, I really mean Marlee watched for all of about 3 minutes and I did the rest myself...It's okay though, I still had fun doing it myself, and she had
fun playing with her toys. win, win. I found a recipe on all recipes and made homemade ornaments!!

You need:

4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup salt
1 1/2 cups warm water

Preheat oven to 325. Mix flour and salt together and slowly add in water, stirring with a large spoon. Once it hold together knead with your hands until it's soft. Roll out the dough and cut with cookie cutters or make your own fun designs!! You'll want to poke a hole in the top so you can hang it later too. I used a straw. Place on a cookie sheet and bake until hard. The recipe says for about an hour. Mine took about 40 min. Let them cool completely and then have fun decorating!!

















I tried making one with Marlee's hand print..It didn't work out too well. You have to look reallllly hard to see it :)



I made a cute little snowman too!! (Yes, I have too much time on my hands...) I'm letting this one air dry.



I left Marlee alone while I took pictures...notice the upside down tray...


and my not-so-clean-anymore floor...

Well, that was my day today. Pretty fun, and gave me something to do!

I LOVE Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment