Tuesday, April 12, 2011

DECORATIVE BALLS

I love the decorative balls that you can put in bowls or vases, but they are sooo expensive!! So I decided to make my own, and got my inspiration here!! Here's what I came up with!!






The supplies :)
a vase, twine, styrofoam balls, black beans, and some moss - all purchased at the dollar store!!



I don't really know how to describe how i did this..I just kind of wrapped the moss around the ball and glued it in a few spots. I've never worked with moss before but it kind of holds its form, so it didn't need much glue at all.






Then, using hot glue, start at the top and wrap the twine around the ball. Sooo simple.






Here i just used black beans and hot glued them on their ends around the ball and just repeated the pattern.






Total price: $6.00
and i have more than enough supplies left over to probably make like 5 more of these!!

2 comments: